Check this video out for a brief legal history of the Terrebonne Parish Courthouse. youtu.be/-jt7P4-xBm4
In a divorce, these are the normal issues that occur:
Divorce (fault or non-fault), spousal support (alimony), child support, child custody, community property, and domestic abuse.
In 2014, the legislature passed a law that allows a lawsuit for domestic abuse (cause of action). General, special, and exemplary damages may be awarded upon proof that injuries resulted from the wanton and reckless acts from domestic abuse that result in serious bodily injury or severe emotional or mental distress injuries.
If you are in need of a divorce, please contact Hebert & Marceaux for an appointment by calling (985) 876 4324.
This is for information only and not legal advice. An attorney should be consulted on a particular case or situation.
- The Jones Act and Indemnity Under an MSA and LOIA
- The Terrebonne Parish Courthouse History
- Swayze v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co. 2014-C-1899 - City Court Jurisdiction
- Liability for Hearing Loss as a Result of Noise - Louisiana Supreme Court Addresses the Issue
- Immunity and/or Limitation of Liability/Rights
- Commercial/Corporate/Limited Liability Company/Contracts/Litigation/Employer/ Employee/Insurance/Construction Leases/Agreements/Rights.
- Divorces/Family Law/Separation/Child Support/Child Custody/Community Property/Domestic Abuse/Rights
- Personal Injury/Automobile/Motor Vehicle/Maritime Vessel/Drilling Rig/Boats/Motorcycle/18 Wheeler – Wrecker and/or Accidents/Rights/Workers Compensation
- Successions/Wills/Powers of Attorney/Living Wills/Elder Law/Rights